Pets and Animals
For questions and information please call Napa County’s Information Line at 707-299-2190.
Para obtener información y apoyo en español, llame a la línea de información del condado de Napa al 707-299-2190.
For deceased animals due to the wildfires please refer to the Safe Animal Disposal resource guide.
- Napa County Animal Shelter and Adoption Center: Open 24/7 in order to offer supplies to facilitate care, food, delivery, emergency pet boarding if friend or next of kin is unable to provide care in an emergency situation. Supported by NapaCART.
- NapaCART: Activated by the Napa County Sheriff’s Dept. in partnership with Animal Services on 8/17 in response to the LNU Lightning Complex Fires, NapaCART provides support in evacuation, sheltering, shelter-in-place welfare checks, veterinary services, referral/transport of injured/burned animals to veterinary hospitals, and repopulation/reunification of livestock and large animals. Email: email@example.com, Hotline: 707-732-1555
- Jameson Rescue Ranch: Provides support for food and animal care, especially for individuals who are homebound, (707) 927-3536
- Napa Humane: Animal behavior assistance and can be reached at (707) 255-8118
- Wine Country Animal Lovers resources available to provide pet food, delivery, financial assistance for emergency and urgent veterinary care, and pet care assistance to up valley residents, (707) 800-5058
- Sunrise Horse Rescue is available to deliver feed and care for large animals if next of kin are unavailable, (707) 927-3536
Information on emergency planning for the animals and pets in your home.
Information for animal owners from Claudia Sonder DVM, President, Napa CART: In these difficult times, the healing power of the human-animal bond adds to community resilience. Napa County has a robust network of animal organizations who are united in their efforts to support those of you with pets who might need assistance. This document contains resources to help you manage your pets, while you look out for your own health and safety.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Pet Owners. This document was created by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19: Recommendations for the Ambulatory Practitioner
COVID-19 Recommendations for Ambulatory Practitioners and Equine Professionals