Mental & Behavioral Health Support
In emergency situations a social connection is a driver of health and well-being, and should be a priority. This section provides information on accessing mental health services, and tips for people of all ages on how to stay connected.
Mental Health National Crisis Hotlines 24/7
- National Suicide Hotline English: 1-800-273-8255
- National Suicide Hotline Spanish: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text “GO” to 741741
Crisis counselors are available to listen and help with coping skills
- Trevor Project Hotline: 1-866-488-7386 or Text 678678
Crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline + text message line for LGBTQ Youth
- Postpartum Support International: Bilingual helpline 1-800-944-4773
Text 503-894-9453 for peri-natal or post-natal moms
- Printable list of crisis lines (24/7), information lines, and other mental health resources: English (PDF) Spanish (PDF)
This Napa County division works to provide a welcoming and safe environment that offers hope, supports prevention, and inspires recovery.
Aldea has a new Bilingual Family Wellness Support Line. Please call: 707-543-1152 for services. Therapy services for youth age 5-21 with mental health needs and Medi-Cal coverage, and individuals ages 12-30 dealing with psychosis can call the bilingual intake line at: 707-253-0123. Teens age 14-21 in need of drug & alcohol treatment, regardless of insurance, can call 707-255-1855.
24/7 crisis line: 707-253-4711
Mental Health and COVID-19: Information And Resources from Mental Health America (MHA)
Mentis Bilingual Intake Line is available by phone while shelter-at-home order is in place: 707-255-0966 extension 132. Mentis is also offering special over the phone services for older adults (over 60). English: 707-299-1885 and Spanish: 707-299-1884. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Visit the website for information about all the services offered (for adults and children). Are You in a Crisis? Call 24-Hour Mental Health Crisis Hotline at 707-253-4711. We provide mental health assessments via the phone. Please call 707-259-8151 or 800-648-8650. Mental Health Clinicians are available Monday-Friday 8-5 to provide brief mental health counseling for needs related to COVID-19.
For online resources/articles in English and Spanish to learn about emotional distress during a natural disaster and coping strategies.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. Call 1-800-985-5990 (English and Español) . Text TalkWithUs to 66746 for support and counseling. Spanish-speakers should text Hablanos to 66746.
Bilingual phone or video services for ages 5 and above. Please call 707-254-1770 or visit: olehealth.org
National Child Traumatic Stress Network guide to helping families cope with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Tips For social distancing, quarantine, and isolation during an infectious disease outbreak (PDF)
Phone services available to support social connections among older adults
- The Institute on Aging’s Friendship Line is both a crisis intervention hotline and a warmline for non-emergency emotional support calls: 800-971-0016
- Molly’s Angels’ Telephone Reassurance Line makes weekly check-in calls to older adults (60+) living alone in Napa County offering a safety check, and friendly conversation, helping to alleviate loneliness and depression. Call 707-224-8971 to sign up.
- Covia’s Well Connected program offers activities, education, support groups, and friendly conversation over the phone or online. Call 877-797-7299, or email email@example.com to register.
Consider making regular phone calls or emails to check in any older adults that are practicing social distancing. Handwritten letters, grocery deliveries, and frequent check-ins are small gestures that can make a big impact. The Write On campaign offers several resources for staying connected through mail. Residents who commit to social distancing are helping to keep us all safe and healthy through their efforts, so let us keep them connected through ours.