Preparing for the unexpected is your best defense against emergencies and disasters. Knowing what to do before an emergency arises enables you to respond quickly. Don’t be caught unprepared. Make plans now to be safe then.
- Make an emergency kit
- Adopt a communication plan
- Plan together with neighbor helping neighbor
- Prepare for seniors and people with disabilities
- Learn how to be prepared for all types of emergencies
- Know how to keep your pets safe
- Learn First Aid
- Sign up with the nation Next of Kin Registry
- Get additional information on Federal Be Prepared
- View the American Red Cross survival kit list
- Learn where to go to view air quality data
Learn more about disasters in Napa County and how to prepare for them.
In the event of an emergency, being able able to refer to a family plan will help bring everyone together.
A go-bag is what you will grab in the event of an emergency.
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about the hazards that affect the Napa Valley and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, personal preparedness, and disaster medical operations. People who go through CERT training have a better understanding of the potential threats to their home, workplace and community and can take the right steps to lessen the effects of these hazards on themselves, their homes or workplace. If a disaster happens that overwhelms local response capability, CERT members can apply the training learned in the classroom and during exercises to give critical support to their family, loved ones, neighbors or associates in their immediate area until help arrives. Learn about CERT program dates, additional information, and more.